The aim of the Apostolate Marguerite for souls is also to pray for priests and nuns, but those imprisoned in the purgatory. Joining in this part of the Apostolate, you pray on the same basis as described in the How to create Margaretka link. The only difference is that apart from praying for the chosen soul of a priest or nun, on one day of the week chosen by you, you will have to say the Chaplet of the Divine Mercy for all souls suffering in the purgatory and especially for those for whom no one is praying.
The prayers of the seven people:
- Medjugorje Chaplet and “I believe in God”, 7 times “Our Father”, “Hail Mary”, “Glory be”
- Jesus, the Son of the Living God! You have said: “Whoever comes to me I will never drive away. (…) Everyone who looks to the Son and believes in him shall have eternal life, and I will raise them up at the last day.” That is why, poor purgatorial souls took You for the Son of God and worshipped You, believed in You, trusted You, pinned their hope upon You and loved You. Please, answer to their painful moaning and our genuine and sincere prayers. Save them from their torments and give them eternal happiness which they have always wished for. Amen.
Please, Lord, come to the rescue to Your servants, whom You redeemed with Your precious Blood!
- The Chaplet of the Divine Mercy for all souls
It is advisable to help the purgatorial souls using the following:
- Taking part in a Mass and receiving Communion for souls
- Donating money in the intention of souls:
• during a Mass
• for missionary purposes
• for the poor (etc.)
- Plenary indulgence
- A devout visit to a graveyard and lighting candles blessed by a priest
From sister Faustyna’s diary:
Today bring to Me the souls who are in the prison of Purgatory and immerse them in the abbys of My mercy. Let the torrents of My Blood cool down their scorching flames. All these souls are greatly loved by Me. They are making retribution to My justice. It is in your power to bring them relief. Draw all the indulgences from the treasure of My Church and offer them on their behalf. Oh, if you only knew the torments they suffer, you would continually offer for them the alms of the spirit and pay off their debt to My justice.